Aldwych (Strand) station


The Frontage in the Strand. The 'STRAND STATION' tiles above the entrance are reproductions, the originals were lost under a more modern canopy until the 1990's. When the canopy was removed due to its deteriorating condition, replica tiles were installed.

The side entrance in Surrey Street. The side elevation shows how the first floor windows have been altered from semi-circular to rectangular during the stations lifetime, probably in 1928 when the upper stories were added to the building.

Join our tour as we pass into the booking hall


<Back

Forward>